NGTC Employment Opportunities
Welcome to North Georgia Technical College (NGTC), the first Technical College in the state of Georgia est. 1943. As a place to live, learn, and work in the mountains, you could become a valued member of our cohesive and caring team of professionals, serving students in eight surrounding counties.
With three campuses nestled among the mountains of Northeast Georgia; Clarkesville, Toccoa, and Blairsville, NGTC offers many rewarding opportunities for both full-time and part-time employment. We invite you to visit the NGTC employment site for positions that may become available. North Georgia Technical College offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits that include retirement, paid state holidays, annual, sick, and education leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Learn more about NGTC by following us on Facebook at North Georgia Technical College or @NGTCnews on Twitter and Instagram.
We wish you well as you begin your journey, because “Careers START HERE at NGTC.”
How to Apply for Employment at North Georgia Technical College
Applicants interested in applying for open positions with North Georgia Technical College should take the following actions:
- Review position announcements and Submit your Application at Team Georgia Career Website http://team.georgia.gov/careers/.
- Applicants should follow the system prompts.
- Current employees of the State of Georgia should utilize the "Current Employee Login" when applying for positions on the Team Georgia Careers site. Current employee user names are the same as the employee's PeopleSoft/Payroll ID number.
- Please submit a separate application, resume', and unofficial transcripts for each position when applying for multiple positions.
- Please indicate salary data for each position held.
- All academic credentials obtained should be included on your application.
- Official College Transcripts are not required with the initial employment appliation, but submission of Unofficial Transcripts is required to be uploaded with your application. Official College Transcripts are required upon offer of employment.
- All applicants will receive confirmation through the Team Georgia Careers website, aknowledging receipt of the application. Due to the volume of applications received, Human Resources is unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
If you do not have easy access to a computer from which to apply for a position, you may use the public library, the Department of Labor Centers and each of our campuses has an onsite library. If you experience any issues with our online application process, you may call Human Resources at 706-754-7847 between the hours of 8:00 AM -5:30 PM, Monday thru Thursday.
Things to Know!
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online by the posted deadline.
- The completed application packet consists of the following:
- A completed online application
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Current Resume'
- Unofficial Transcripts. (All candidates for employment must provide Unofficial Transcripts from institutions listed on their application).
- Certifications/Licensures. (Persons hired in positions requiring licensure or certification as a condition of employment must provide satisfactory proof of current licensure/certificate status at the time of employment. Licenses/certificates must be maintained as a condition of employment).
- Incomplete application packets at the time of the position closing may not be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and upload the application documentation by the stated deadline.
- All positions requre a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation and Motor Vehicle Records check. Some positions additionally require a Credit History check, pre-employment drug test, and physicial examination.
- If you have a disability and need accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 706-754-7847.
- Information provided on your application and with your application materials, is subject to the Georgia Open Records Act (O.CG.A. §5018-70).
- State Law requires all selected male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 to present proof of having registered with the Selective Service System or to present proof of being exempt from registration prior to beginning state employment. This requirement must be met prior to the hire of any individual within this definition for any position at North Georgia Technical College.
- North Georgia Technical College (NGTC) participates in the Federal Government E-Verify Program, which is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. NGTC participates in the Web-based program, E-Verfy, (Employment Verification) to fulfill this requirement. When necessary, information will be provided to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from your DHS Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
THANK YOU for your interest in North Georgia Technical College!
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System and Technical Colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Dr. Michael King, VP for Student Affairs, Title IX Coordinator, P.O. Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523, or call 706-754-7711, or Ms. Kay Morgan, Special Populations and Retention Coordinator, ADA Section 504 Coordinator, P.O. Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523, or call 706-754-7828.
It is the obligation of North Georgia Technical College (NGTC) to ensure orderly operation, to protect the rights of all members of the NGTC community, to prohibit acts which materially and substantially interfere with legitimate eduational objectives, or interfere with the rights of others and to take disciplinary action where conduct adversely affects the College's pursuit of its educational objectives. To this end, NGTC complies with the Title II of Public Law 101-542, Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act, also known as the "Jeanne Clery Act". The Act requres that the College make available the report of campus crime statistics for the previous fiscal year by October 1st each year. The most recent NGTC Campus Safety and Security Report is available at https://northgatech.edu